In case at the airport: The boxes are damaged or some boxes are missing, the strict IATA procedure are applicable.
The AWB need to be notified “under reservered” pictures of the damage and destruction proof need to be sand to open an insurance case. The credit notes and the refund will be done when the case will be closed and when Leofresh company will be paid by the insurance company.
In the resort or warehouse: At destination when you open the transport box:
The complete box is spoiled due to temperature, or handling issue you need to send picture. We will need a destruction proof to send you the refund
For damages: Under 30 kg of goods and under 250 euros of products value we will make credit notes and refund.
PROCEDURE IN CASE OF LOSS OR DAMAGE FOR WHICH THE INSURERS MAY BE LIABLE
It is the duty of the Insured and their Agents, in all cases to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimizing loss and to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised.
1) Inspect the goods before taking delivery from the Carrier.
When delivery is made by container, ensure that the container and its seals are examined immediately by the Carrier’s responsible official or his agent.
If the container is delivered damaged or with seals broken or missing or with seals other than as stated in the shipping documents, consignee must clause the delivery receipt accordingly and retain all defective or irregular seals for subsequent identification.
2) Whilst awaiting survey, packing material must be kept in the same condition as received.
3) Invite the carrier, bailees and /or other third parties to attend survey (if necessary, by registered letter); should they refuse to attend and if the damage is extensive , apply to AIG for instructions.
APPARENT LOSS or DAMAGE OR PACKING IN POOR CONDITION
1) Note precise and unequivocal exceptions on the delivery receipt indicating marks , numbers, quantity and weight of the damaged packages.
→ In no circumstances, except under written protest, give clean receipts where goods are in doubtful condition.
1) Within 24 hours of delivery, confirm the exceptions by registered letter to the Carrier and/or to other parties who may be held liable.
2) Within 3 working days of delivery, apply for survey to the Claims Surveyor mentioned overleaf.
CONCEALED LOSS OR DAMAGE
If the loss or damage was discovered after delivery but within the above -mentioned 3 working days, you must immediately:
1) Cease unpacking and apply for survey to the Claims Surveyor.
2) Invite the carrier, bailees and /or other third parties to attend survey (if necessary, by registered letter).
3) Send a registered letter of exceptions to the Carrier and /or to other parties who may be held liable.
GENERAL AVERAGE or TOTAL LOSS
Immediately apply to AIG for instructions .
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUPPLIED IN SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM
• Original Insurance Certificate;
• Original or copy of shipping invoices, packing lists, weight notes and invoices relating to the various incurred expenses;
• Original Bill of Lading and/or other contract of carriage;
• Detailed Claims Declaration;
• Original Survey report or other documentary evidence showing the extent of loss or damage;
• Copy of delivery receipts and of any correspondence exchanged with carrier , bailees and/or other third parties, regarding their liability.
• Confirmation of Non Delivery issued by the responsible third party.
– ALL ACTIONS AGAINST CARRIERS ARE TIME-BARRED ONE YEAR AFTER THE GOODS HAVE BEEN UNLOADED FROM VESSEL (TWO YEARS FOR AIR SHIPMENT)
– THE CONSIGNEE IS LIABLE FOR POSSIBLE LOSS OF RIGHTS OF RECOVERY.
– NON COMPLIANCE WITH ABOVE MENTIONED INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR CLAIM BY THE INSURERS
– IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 13 OF THE FRENCH MARINE CARGO INSURANCE POLICY DATED JUNE 30, 1983 AS MODIFIED FEBRUARY 16, 1990 AND OCTOBER 22, 1992, THE INSURERS MAY SET OFF OF THE PREMIUM DUE IN RESPECT OF THIS CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE AGAINST THE INDEMINTY, EVEN IF THE BEARER IS A THIRD PARTY ACTING IN GOOD
Product Name Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text